E-Commerce Website Requirements
In order to comply with Visa and Mastercard regulations, there are certain terms and conditions that must be presented on university websites and/or mobile app in order for our merchant service providers will disburse funds into our bank accounts. These include:
- Name of business unit listed on your merchant ID or payment processing account
- Marketing materials that explain your products or services and pricing
- Contact information such as mailing address, phone number, and/or email address
- Return/refund policy, even if the policy is No refunds
- Clear statement of the delivery time frame if you are shipping physical goods
USU examples and guidelines
- What information you collect from your customers
- What you do with that information
Example 1: Customer information is collected for the purpose of processing your [describe payment collection reason (e.g. enrollment in event registration)]. This information is classified as private/internal data at Utah State University and is not shared. Any privacy concerns should be directed to Utah State University’s Information Security Office at 435-797-8410.
Utah State University has the utmost respect for our customer’s privacy and security. USU takes measures in providing secure solutions to collect payment. In accordance to state, federal, and industry security requirements.
This website will reference current terms and conditions on which [name of unit] will operate.
Terms and Conditions
This type of agreement typically includese sections that address the following:
- Definition of Key Terms
- [unit name] is a division within Utah State University and will providing the purchased product or service.
- Customer – the individual completing the request to buy a product or service
- Proper and expected use – Activities on this site is for defined use and shall not violate any law, statue, ordinance, or regulation.
Utah State University prides itself on excellent customer service and strives to make your online experience positive and secure.
- User rights and responsibilities –
Upon request by the customer, the customer account can be made inactive, but historical data associated with the account will remain in USU’s system.
(If refunds are elected, add this clause.) In the event of a refund request, the customer must provide the original receipt and return any tangible items must be provided before a refund can be processed. The refund will be applied to the same card used for the purchase.
- Pricing – Prices vary depending on product selected. Individual products are priced accordingly.
- Opting out – Due to nature of the system, once a purchase is complete, the order is stored in a secure system and cannot be expunged.
- Accountability for online conduct - Utah State University’s [name of unit] operates in accordance with the Cash Handling policy 530 https://hr.usu.edu/files/policies/530.pdf and the Information Security Office policy 558 https://hr.usu.edu/files/policies/558.pdf.
Delivery/Shipping (select one that applies)
- Shipping does not apply.
- Email confirmation will detail the specifics to the product shipped.
- Usually, we ship products within [X] to specified address.
If you have any questions or feel you may have a compliance issue, please do not hesitate to contact Monica Trippler via phone (435) 797-8410 or email. Monica will be happy to meet with you and address any concerns you may have.