Information Security Advisory Council
The Information Security Advisory Council (ISAC) is a standards, policy and procedures advisory council. The ISAC is composed of a diversified group of academic and administrative technology users approved bi-annually by the President’s Council.
Monica Trippler, Chair Information Security Director
David Robinson Academia Representative
Fran Hopkins Student Affairs/Admissions/Registrar
Dwight Davis Business and Finance Representative
Taylor Adams Regional Campuses
Richard Inouye Office of Research and Graduate Studies
Mike George Risk Management
Steve Funk Information Technology
Blake Rich Information Technology
Allen Hill Information Technology
The Information Security Advisory Council meets at least two times each year and has responsibilities reviews and evaluates University Information Security issues such as:
- Current practices and the associated risks to the institution;
- Actions needed to address risks through appropriate policy and associated guidelines.
- Identify new processes that are needed (for example security incident management).
- Implement new Security standards as needed.
- Function as the Incident Response Review Board
- Collaborate with Incident Response Teams and Security Director in managing any breach of security.
- Responsible for determining and disseminating remedies and preventative measures that are developed as a result of responding to and resolving security breaches.